- July 2, 2018 - July 9, 2018
19:00 - 20:00
Le Mans & la Loire – 2-9 July 2018
Relish in both the splendour of the glorious Loire Valley and the spectacular sights and sounds of the celebrated Le Mans Classic. Created to delight both friends & partners – take time out to tour and view, socialise and relax, dine and indulge.
A wonderfully packaged ‘Grand Classic’ tour with the ‘exclusive’’ provision of our luxury 20 bedroom chateau hotel set on the fringes of la Loire to perfectly act as your central base.
Programme to include
- Pre-reserved return ferry passage. Overnight out / Daytime return.
- 5 full nights’ VIP chateau hotel accommodation with breakfast each day.
- Choice of Traditional, Superior or De Luxe bedrooms (double or twin).
- Numerous splendid lunch and dinner invitations included from the start.
- Our Grand Welcome Dinner & post-race Celebration Feast being just two.
- Downtime to enjoy the hotels superb club house, bars, restaurants & facilities.
- Time to relax around the chateau swimming pool or play their 18 hole golf course.
- A grand selection of choice ‘Pit-Stop’ and ‘Classic Rendezvous’ venues throughout.
- Road trips around the beautiful Loire Valley with fine dining & wine tasting.
- Stunning renaissance castle visits including ‘ Azay-le-Rideau’ & ‘Chenonceau’.
- Our own Le Mans Classic circuit base, race tickets, paddock passes & viewing.
- Road books with full directions, maps & itineraries to keep you right up to speed.
- Welcome goody bags with ticket wallets, programmes & much more.
Gentlemen (and women) ‘START YOUR ENGINES’
Tour restricted to just 20 cars / 20 rooms (based on 2 guests per car per room).
Full tour prices including
- Traditional room (5 available) : £4,810 per car / 2 guests per room
- Superior room (8 available) : £4,960 per car / 2 guests per room
- De Luxe room (7 available) : £5,070 per car / 2 guests per room
A £2000 deposit required to lock in your place. Fill out the reservation form and we will give you call to arrange payment. Balance due 8 weeks prior to departure.
Run in conjunction with the 96 Club, TIGOSE (The International Guild of Specialist Engineers) and Dettaglio24.com (Le Mans VIP services, tours & accommodation specialists for over 30 years).
DAY # 1: Tuesday 3 July
We rendezvous at the splendid Cowdray House for Traditional English afternoon tea before our drive to Portsmouth Docks. Stopping off at a private restaurant for dinner first, we then take the overnight ferry, with cabin, to Le Havre.
DAY # 2: Wednesday 4 July
After a breakfast ‘Pit-Stop’ at Putanges-Pont-Ecrepin we enjoy a picturesque drive through the Normandie-Maine regional park to Loue for a wonderful welcome reception & lunch at l‘ Hôtel Hotel Ricordeau. Later we Pit-Stop’ at the renown Hôtel de France in Chartre-sur-le-Loir before continuing on to our hotel ‘Château des Sept Tours’ for well earned drinks before a Grand Welcome Dinner.
DAY # 3: Thursday 5 July
Today we offer a circular Loire Valley exploration drive – first visiting the famed Château d’Azay-le-Rideau. Afterwards we follow the Loire River past Chinonand up to the Bouvet Ladubay wine cellars in Saumur for a visit hosted by their celebrity sommelier. A fine lunch is enjoyed overlooking the river before looping back through the peaceful Loire countryside to the château.
DAY # 4: Friday 6 July
The option of a peaceful day at leisure to enjoy the chateau facilities, play a round of golf , sunbathe by the pool or ‘do your own thing’ or alternatively you can join us on our local drive down to the historical riverside town of Amboise, visit Château Le Clos; the former residence & engineering design collection of Leonardo da Vinci before heading for the stunning Château de Chenonceau. Later on we plan to all join up in close by Tours medieval old town for dinner in the bustling ‘Place Plumereau; square.
DAY # 5: Saturday 7 July
With our own 96 Club team base at the circuit acting as a superb venue to rendezvous we also have some great vantage points planned to enjoy all the action. And as the racing continues unabated on into the night skies we take time out to ‘refuel’ at the unique Papa Chapter ‘auto-brasserie’ restaurant in Arnage. An action packed day with even more treats planned for the atmospheric night time viewing with our former Le Mans driver host.
DAY # 6: Sunday 8 July
After another great day of classic car viewing both on and off the track we head back to the château for our Grand Classic Rendezvous celebration feast.
DAY # 7: Monday 9 July
Departing early we head north to the ferry, meeting up beforehand for a final ‘farewell lunch’ in the beautiful harbour side village of Honfleur.
Venue: Château des Sept Tours
Luxurious Château Hotel Set on the edge of the Loire Valley, this striking, 17th century baroque castle, less than an hour away from the circuit, is perfectly positioned between both Le Mans and la Loire. Address Le Vivier des Landes Courcelles De Touraine 37330 Courcelles-de-Touraine France